Book - When True Night Falls
When True Night Falls (Coldfire Trilogy)
Synopsis: Warrior priest Damien Vryce and immortal sorcerer Gerald Tarrant reunite in an uneasy alliance to combat an evil that threatens the delicate stability of life on Erna, where the mysterious force known as the fae conjures monsters from the stuff of dreams. This sequel to Black Sun Rising secures Friedman’s reputation both as a gifted storyteller and an innovative creator. This sequel to Black Sun Rising secures Friedman’s reputation both as a gifted storyteller and an innovative creator.
Really good; however, I would say the end was a bit disappointing. I don’t want to give away the story, but…
– so if you plan to read this stop –
- why did Hesseth have to die the way she did? didn’t help the plot, seemed really disappointing to lose her in such a meaningless way.
- what was the Undying Prince trying to do? it was completely not explained?
- why wasn’t Calesta in the final scenes? seems unlikely
- why would the Hunter showing the Mercia ruler the divining break his pack with hell, really?
- why did the pilot from the Golden Glory have to die? really?
I could go on.
That said, I will read book three!